“Inforce 6601 Micro SOM – You asked for it and we delivered.”
We are happy to announce a public release for Debian Linux software release version 0.4 for the Inforce 6601 development kit. This is a beta release from Linaro’s Debian build based on the Linux kernel 3.18 and Debian Linux 9 Stretch. This release has support for some exclusive features on Linux including MIPI-CSI preview, improved thermal performance, hardware accelerated H265 encode/decode, and 4K HDMI output with audio.
More Important features in this release:
- Maximum frequency capability of the CPUs (Gold@2.15GHz each and Silver@1.59GHz)
- HDMI display of 4K@30fps full-screen resolution with audio
- MIPI-CSI preview stream from an Inforce camera module accessory
- Hardware Accelerated Encode and Decode (H.264/H.265) using file stream as input
- USB HS/SS Host/device/OTG and MSC, HID and UVC classes
- MicroSD up to 64GB storage
- Low-speed peripherals like I2C, Serial UART and SPI
- Wi-Fi connectivity and Gigabit Ethernet
- Improved Thermal Performance
- And More!
Inforce 6601 is a high-performance Micro SOM based on the powerful Snapdragon 820 SoC in the Inforce standard form factor of 50mm X 28mm. The Inforce 6601 development kit includes the Inforce 6601 Micro SOM mounted on a carrier board and ships with a 12V power adapter, USB cable, and acrylic base.
You can find more information and boot instructions on the Inforce TechWeb in the Inforce 6601 Debian Linux Release Notes V0.4 document. We would love to hear your feedback and features you would like to see in our next release. Contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 683-9999.